Saturday, October 24, 2009

white board

I have been interested in the white-board technology for a long time. I have heard a big commotion about it and it seems to be for a good reason. In the article by Keith Vallis and Peter Williamson titled Build Your Own Board, the authors explain a lot about the good reason why. It is an interesting technology that should revolutionize the classroom. The problem is that not everyone has the chance or the money to have one in everyone’s classroom. This article is about the options for us. It explains how to use regular projectors, software, a Bluetooth-enabled pen table and a wireless keyboard to create our own whiteboard.

A “brightboard” can be more cost effective than a regular whiteboard, but it is not as complete or efficient as a whiteboard. Even so, I think it will be up to the district or the school itself to see what will work in every classroom. The main idea is to give an alternative when the budget is not there. Also, it is important to see how interesting can the classroom become with this type of technology and how it attracts attention from the students.

It will be awesome to have the chance to play with this technology. I’m really not technology experienced, but I have always been interested in the diversity of information and methods of projection. This is the reason why I would like to see how all of these works. I know that depending on where I work I might not even been able to afford a “brightboard” but I will try to come up to with some other ideas.

1 comment:

  1. I like how positive you are. I mean accepting such challenges, like in this case to learn the new technology is how we should be. I think this mentality on it's own will help gives us the push to learn.
    I think the brightboards are the direction we are headed. I think eventually we may have more access to them such as now is the case with computers. I mean I know not all schools can afford many computers but they are more accessible than before. I think we are constantly evolving with our technology and maybe we will be using these!

    ReplyDelete