Wednesday, September 16, 2009

we need technology in our life

In the September/ October 2009 edition, I found an interesting peace called Professional development Changes Classrooms, by David H. Brock. This publication is in reference on how there has not been enough money directed into enhancing technology in some schools. It is remarkable to see how sometimes we don’t realize that if we don’t steps forward in technology and stop focusing in the same old traditional methods, we can easily lag behind and become superseded in the future. As the author says, “For a student to be competitive in a global market, we can no longer rely simply on traditional educational strategies.” In general, we have to focus as a complete unit, students, teachers, school districts, government, administration, and parents. We have to see where the technology and the word in general are rotating and shift with it not out of it. We need to be competitive and help the others who need to catch up.

I hope that the district or the school that I get to work for is as adapt or open-minded as the author of this article. I really think that technology is growing in a way that is pushing some of us students, and teachers out of the way. A friend once said “technology is growing faster than our power of understanding.” It is hard to keep up with the administrative area and provide to those in need, I know, but I will try my best as a teacher to see a way to push students to be updated. I think there are more ways to solve a problem like this; fixed schedules and sharing computers, ask for sponsors, or something. I just hope that my motivation continues like this. I hope that I get the support I need. On my side, I will try my best.

2 comments:

  1. I found it really interesting that the author pointed out how the global market is competitive and students need to be prepared. As educators, it is important to help students be ready and be well knowledgeable. I think your enthusiasm is great and I'm sure it will stay that way if you continue to remind yourself about the important job you have. technology is a tool and there are so many ways to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true, the global market is extremely competitive, The way we use technology will determine our ability to learn to work around this...great point.

    ReplyDelete